Torpedo System 50 is the perfect refillable BTA system for the beginner triathlete. No need to grab bottles while riding, risking riding stability. Simply drink from the vertical straw. Not only is it easier to drink, but helps remind you to continually drink to stay hydrated. Horizontally adjustable and super easy to install with no tools required. Now there is no excuse on sacrificing aerodynamics when starting out!
Easy to Drink & Refill
- 2 straw positions along with cage & mount adjustments allows for perfect straw location.
Refilling & Replacing Options
- Solid Refill Lid is ideal for adding powder, tablets and fluid.
- Refill area is located behind the computer allowing you to keep the computer screen if you decide to mount one, clean & clear!
- The TORPEDO BOTTLE can be moved to another XLAB cage on your bike so you can use standard bottles or bottles from an aid station.
Bottle Design & Features
- One piece body ensures no leaking!
- Bottle made in the USA and is lead free, BPA-Free and HDPE food safe certified
- TRUE 26 oz bottle capacity (768 mL)
Proven aerodynamically invisible by 5x WORLD CHAMPION Craig Alexander & Mat Steinmetz at the Velodrome, June 2013.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) airflow optimized and velodrome aero testing approved.
- Bottle body design
- Contoured design to fit your arm shape.
- Small frontal area that allows a clean airflow around the bottle.
- Kamm tail. Reduces drag by 50%
- Airflow straighteners designed into the bottle to gather airflow for a clean, straight exit air flow.
- Flush lid reduces drag.
- Ability to have computer mounted in front of the bottle, not on top which increases aero drag.
Easy Computer Viewing
Why mount a computer behind your line of sight? The TORPEDO SYSTEM is designed to have a computer mounted in front of the bottle. Look down with your eyes and not your head! Use the optional, AERO COMPUTER MOUNT, to mount the computer.
Easier to Handle in Winds
The TORPEDO SYSTEM was designed to mount further back allowing easier steering for the rider
- Weight is moved back off aerobar extensions. Up to 4 inches (100 mm) of adjustment.
- TORPEDO BOTTLE extends uniquely beyond the rear of the cage to help move weight back.
Versatile Sturdy Mounting
When you want a sturdy, reliable hydration source, trust XLAB!
- Uses XLAB’s proven 4 Strap System
- Fits bars 80mm – 130mm center to center
- No tools required for easy removal
- Uses the XLAB anti-slip nylon composite "VEE" cage with specially designed rubber retainer.