The new Vanquish has been proclaimed Zone3's best ever wetsuit. A newly designed collar construction feels like you're not wearing a wetsuit! The Vanquish is made with incredibly flexible and buoyant materials making it super fast and smooth in the water. It's innovative features result in an incredible swim which doesn't compare to any other wetsuit on the market.
- New ultra thin laser cut neck panel: Comfort is further maximised with our innovative new 1mm moulded collar which is so soft and light you’ll be questioning whether you even have your wetsuit on! It allows a tighter fit on the body without feeling any discomfort around the neck. As soon as you try this unique design you may never want to wear any other wetsuit again.
- Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra-based fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue, as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke, but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coolness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim.
- Innovative Silk-Fit inner lining used on the body and legs to make the suit feel extremely comfortable next to the skin and also make putting the suit on easier than ever before.
- Aqua dynamic ‘SCS’ Nano coating applied to the neoprene meaning that there is almost no drag through the water.
- Our trademark Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- Downwards YKK zipper making the suit easy to put on and take off but also with an upwards breakaway zip design available.
- Combining our recognized red cuffs with stylish graphite neoprene on the arms and gold and gunmetal tones for an exclusive look. A suit with the looks to live up to its legendary performance.
The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are as flexible as possible and then this is combined with some of the world’s most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it’s been achieved:
- The highly praised ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel has now been extended from the middle of the chest to the centre of the back. You can see a flat-plan drawing of this panel to show you how much unrestricted flexibility the suit offers around the arms and shoulders.
The extension of this area combined with the lack of seams make the suit extremely comfortable, allows for improved chest expansion and enables a higher elbow position in thwater. As soon as you put this suit on you can feel the difference.
The focus on ensuring maximum flexibility means you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimise the risk of shoulder injuries. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto’s premium #40 SCS which is one of the lightest and highest stretch materials available.
- We have extended the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the forearm down to the hip. This is the 2mm #39 Gunmetal SCS used under the arms you can see in our product photos. This material is very soft and is also highly flexible but at the same times helps to maintain the structure of the suit over an extended period of time. The panel design really helps to maximise the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull.
- New chest panel design continues the focused hip and core buoyancy up through the torso to the centre of the chest with 5mm Yamamoto Aerodome. This acts like a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke, aids in course sighting during the swim navigation and keeps up core body warmth.
- The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the front leg panels. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water.
- Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene.
- 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness.