Polar OH1 is an optical heart rate monitor armband that combines versatility, comfort and simplicity. It fits comfortably around your arm and tracks heart rate using Polar’s high-quality optical heart rate detection.
Works with Bluetooth-compatible watches, bike computers and smartphones, or records and stores heart rate data standalone. Standalone workouts can later be synched with Polar's free smartphone app Polar Beat, or desktop app Polar Flow.
With Polar OH1, nothing stands between you and your goals.
- 6-LED optical heart rate sensor
- Optimized for wear on lower or upper arm
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Waterproof: 30 m
- Updatable software
- Internal memory for up to 200 h of HR training
- Operation time: 12 h (USB rechargeable)
- Works as both a standalone sensor and when connected to Polar products or a smartphone
WHO IS POLAR OH1 FOR?
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable way to track your heart rate, Polar OH1 is the right choice for you. It’s suitable for countless different sports, offering accurate, stable data in a remarkably comfortable and convenient form factor.
Polar OH1 a works with Bluetooth-compatible Polar products, such as the Polar M460 GPS bike computer or Polar V800 GPS sports watch, so if you’re in search for an alternative for a chest strap or wrist-based heart rate monitoring, Polar OH1 is the answer to your problem. It also connects to smartphones and works with popular fitness apps.
Great news for those who prefer doing their training sessions without a phone or a watch but still want to capture their heart rate data: Polar OH1 also works as a standalone sensor. Just slip the armband on, start your workout and transfer your heart rate data to Polar Flow afterwards.
DESIGNED FOR COMFORT, ACCURACY AND VERSATILITY
- Accurate: Equipped with Polar’s proprietary optical heart rate solution for accurate heart rate tracking.
- Versatile: You can use it for countless different sports, you can choose whether you want to wear it on the upper arm or forearm, and it works as a standalone sensor, with Bluetooth-compatible Polar products, Polar Beat – our free fitness and training app and many other popular fitness apps.
- Convenient: The Polar OH1 armband is easy to put on anytime, anywhere – there’s no need to moisten the strap or lift up your shirt. The long battery life (up to 12 hours) makes sure even those longer sessions get tracked.
- Comfortable: The armband is made of a soft textile material. It’s machine-washable and can easily be adjusted to fit snugly and comfortably around the arm.
WHAT ABOUT POLAR H10? HOW DOES IT COMPARE?
The Polar H10 is a chest strap heart rate sensor, so the most notable difference is the measuring method. Polar H10 measures the electrical activity of your heart (ECG), whereas Polar OH1, like other optical heart rate sensors, uses photoplethysmography (PPG). To put it simply, this means that it uses LED lights and a light-detector to measure the changes in the size of blood vessels and turns these measurements into heart rate readings.
There are some differences in the tech specs of Polar OH1 and Polar H10. For example, Polar H10’s internal memory works with Polar Beat and can store one training session, whereas Polar OH1 has space for up to 200 hours of training data. As for the battery life, Polar OH1 has a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours. Polar H10 includes a replaceable CR2025 battery that lasts up to 400 hours.
Your phone is your training buddy
Polar OH1 streams real-time heart rate to many popular fitness apps on both iOS and Android phones.
Polar OH1 is a great companion to Polar Beat, Polar’s free fitness and training app. With Polar OH1 and Polar Beat you get live heart rate data right on the screen of your phone and audio guidance to your headphones during your workout.
Use it on its own
Prefer training without a watch or phone? Polar OH1 has an internal memory that can store up to 200 hours of training data.
You can easily sync your data to Polar Flow, Polar’s free app and web service, via Bluetooth or with your computer via the USB adapter.
- OPTICAL HEART RATE TRACKING Polar OH1 tracks your heart rate with Polar’s high-quality 6-LED optical heart rate solution.
- HEART RATE SENSOR MODE You can use Polar OH1 to broadcast your heart rate to any Bluetooth-compatible Polar device, many fitness apps and Bluetooth-compatible gym equipment.
- BUILT-IN MEMORY Polar OH1 has a built-in memory that can store up to 200 hours of training data. You can sync your data to Polar Flow with both the Polar Flow app and web service.
- COMFORTABLE TEXTILE ARMBAND The Polar OH1 armband fits snugly, comfortably and discreetly around your arm. The band is made of a soft textile material and is machine-washable.
- UPDATABLE FIRMWARE Polar OH1 keeps on improving with over-the-air updates.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE With Polar OH1 you get up to 12 hours of training time on a single charge. You can charge the battery easily with the Polar OH1 USB adapter (included).
- WATERPROOF Polar OH1 is waterproof up to 30 m.
|Weight||Sensor 5 g, armband 12 g|
|Armband||Size M-XXL, machine-washable|
COMPATIBILITY: iOS mobile devices: iPhone 4S and later; Android mobile devices with Bluetooth 4.0 capability and Android 4.3 or later.
UPDATES: Via Polar Flow
MEMORY: 4 MB, up to 200 hours of training time
BATTERY: Rechargeable 45 mAh lithium polymer battery
WATER RESISTANCE: 30 m