TO THE END OF THE PAVED ROAD AND BEYOND
Hit the dirt. Hit it fast. For when the route is unpredictable - but the ride must be solid. Go way off the beaten path with this gravel racer featuring performance-driven geometry derived from Argon 18's legendary World Tour bikes. Go wherever the day takes you with assured handling and optimal power transfer, to control the terrain regardless of the surprises it may throw at you. We wanted a bike that offered supreme confidence alongside racing behaviour, a bike that would feel just as playful and responsive on the dirt as it would on the road. It may be more stable, it may sport big tires, yet the Dark Matter is so responsive that it will change the gravel bike game forever. Some will blaze the trail; on the Dark Matter, you will scorch it.
The all-new Argon18 Dark Matter gravel road bike uses some clever options to make it a fast but customizable dirt road racer. A carbon seatpost and low-slung seatstays help smooth the ride out back, but shorter chainstays keep acceleration tight, traction solid, and handling a little sharper...which is part of what leans this bike toward the racing side of gravel.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE GRAVEL SPECIFIC MONOCOQUE CARBON FRAME -With removable aluminum front derailleur hanger for clean looking installation of 1x crankset; frame compatible with 46/30T to 52/36T or 1x46T (max).
- MONOCOQUE CARBON FORK WITH HIDDEN INTEGRATED FENDER MOUNTS - Rake 54mm on XXS/XS/S frames and 49mm on M/L/XL frames.
- AERODYNAMICS - Aerodynamically efficient frame and fork designs for better performance and riding pleasure.
- MODULAR CABLE ROUTING SYSTEM - Clean, smart and efficient; compatible with all modern transmissions (mechanical, Di2, eTap and EPS).
- FLAT MOUNT DISC BRAKES - For 140 or 160mm rotors.
- OPTIONAL DIRECT MOUNT REAR DERAILLEUR HANGER - For optimal installation of Shimano rear derailleurs.
- UP TO 45C* TIRE CLEARANCE - For maximum traction on any road surface *40C with fenders or if built with SRAM eTap front derailleur.
- TDS-C SEATPOST - Easy-to-use, offers compliance and comfort.
- 3D+ SYSTEM - Our 3D+ system delivers all the handling and stiffness benefits of the original 3D system in a streamlined version that merges seamlessly with the frame. It offers 3 head tube extension heights for every frame size: 0mm, 15mm and 30mm.
- DT SWISS TYPE 12MM THRU-AXLE - 100m front and 142mm back.
- INLAID CHAINSUCK PROTECTOR WITH INTEGRATED DRAIN HOLE - Protection of the carbon chainstay against wear from the chain’s movement.