OUR RELENTLESS QUEST FOR THE PERFECT RIDE
For us a perfect ride begins with a layup that integrates the optimal balance of weight, comfort and stiffness performance points. Then we add a few more criteria, like a club ride that pushes the pace and nails the climbs, maybe a rough section to reach that perfect view, a few technical twists and turns on a long descent, and a full day to max out the miles.
Argon 18 made the Krypton Pro for exactly this: a no-compromises bike that’s stable at speed, responsive under big watts, smooth after a full day in the saddle, and meant for cyclists who want to ride, ride, and ride. Informed by Astana Pro Team at Paris-Roubaix and ready to meet the demands of La Marmotte and L’Étape, the Krypton Pro may re-write the story of the perfect ride.
Aero still matters on an endurance bike. Argon 18 didn’t add a single feature to this model which didn’t perform optimally across all their priority performance indicators, including aero. For example, the Krypon's hidden cables offer a 2.5w savings at 300W.
- LAYUP OPTIMIZATION - 870g through new layup development to optimise placement and selection of carbon fiber (medium, painted frame).
- THE RIGHT MATERIAL IN THE RIGHT PLACE - By studying endurance-specific load cases material was oriented precisely where needed to maximise vibration dampening, without losing efficiency in power transmission. This eliminates excess weight where not required.
- FUNCTIONAL INTERATION - Fully integrated cockpit with proprietary steerer for accurate routing and fully hidden cables, but designed for user-friendly maintenance and travel prep. Allows a 2cm adjustment range of stack and reach without having to bleed the brakes.
- TAILORED FIT FOR ALL RIDERS - Prioritises a tailored fit for all riders, with stem lengths from 70-120mm, and Argon 18's 3D+ system which extends the headtube with three positioning options. This increases rigidity by 5% at 15mm and 11% at 30mm, versus traditional spacers.
- OPTIMISED FOR ELECTRONIC SHIFTING - Optimised for electronic shifting (Di2, eTap, EPS, WE) but can also accept mechanical groupsets through the modular console.