The Most High Performance, Technically Advanced Pedal System, now with Aero Walkable™ Cleats!
The performance features of the Speedplay Zero Pedal System read like a pro racer's wish list. No other pedal system comes close to offering the superior adjustability or cutting-edge performance features of the Zero. By thinking "outside the box", we created and patented the most technically advanced pedal system ever, featuring your choice of either a fixed position or up to 15 degrees of micro-adjustable float.
Once you compare the features of Zero pedals to any other brand, you'll find that other pedals systems are no match. And like all Speedplay pedals, we accomplish this without compromise by ensuring that the locking edges of our pedals and cleats are made of metal, not plastic. What more needs to be said? How about Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Paris-Roubaix, Amstel Gold, Paris-Nice, World Time Trial Championship, Tour of Germany, Tour of California, Tour de Georgia, Hawaii Ironman World Championship and the countless other races that have been won by champions using Zero pedals. Speedplay Zero Pedal Systems are simply the winningest road pedals on the planet.
The Zero Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Professional or Amateur Road Racer
- Competitive Triathlete
- Serious enthusiast or technical aficionado who seeks a performance product
- Rider who wants to customize cleat and pedal set-up
- Rider who prefers a fixed (no float) or limited-float pedal system
- Rider who previously used a conventional, single-sided pedal system
Aero Walkable™ Cleat technology
Speedplay’s new Walkable™ Cleat technology for Zero pedals sets a new standard for user-friendly, off-the-bike functionality. Speedplay’s Zero Aero Walkable™ Cleats are the first truly walkable™ cleats for road pedals. The integrated, rubberized covers stay on the cleats while you are riding. When walking, the covers improve traction and protect the cleats from wear. Additionally, the thin, contoured cleat profile allows for a more natural gait and makes walking in road shoes much less awkward.
In addition to these benefits, Cleat Buddies are handy plugs included with cleat sets for use when walking in dirty conditions. Cleat Buddies prevent debris contamination by fitting into the cleat’s center cavity. When you are ready to ride, Cleat Buddies can be easily removed for riding and conveniently snap together to fit in a pocket or bag.
The Zero Aero Walkable™ Cleat’s fully streamlined cleat profile with dimpled surface further improves the aerodynamics of the Zero Pedal System.
- Grippy, rubberized tread covers the cleat for improved traction
- Durable cover material is resistant to wear and will not scuff floors
- Thin, contoured cleat profile makes walking easier and more fluid
- Zero Aero Walkable™ Cleats are streamlined to reduce drag and are compatible with all models of Zero Pedal Systems
- Fits all standard 3-Hole and 4-Hole shoes
- Replacement Zero Aero Walkable™ Cleat Covers and Cleat Buddies are available separately
Key Pedal Features:
- DUAL-SIDED ENTRY: The symmetrical double-sided pedal self-locates just by stepping down into the cleat whether the pedal is right side up, upside down or anywhere else in its rotation. No kicking, no fumbling, no looking; just step down and go.
- YOUR CHOICE OF MICRO-ADJUSTABLE FLOAT OR A FIXED POSITION: The Zero allows rotational float to be precisely micro-adjusted to the exact range needed or set in a fixed-position anywhere within the 15-degree adjustment range.
- ALL THREE FOOT-AXIS ADJUSTMENTS CAN BE SET INDEPENDENTLY OF ONE ANOTHER: No other pedal system offers the precise adjustment or convenience of independently adjustable fore-aft, side-to-side, and rotational foot positions. Unlike the inexact set-up of traditional cleats, each of the three critical foot-axis adjustments of Zero cleats can be set or changed without affecting the position of the other two adjustments. This feature also eliminates guesswork and misalignment when replacing cleats.
- THE LOWEST STACK HEIGHT: The Zero cleat positions your foot closer to the top of the spindle for improved power transfer.
- 11.5 mm stack height for 3-hole mounting
- 8.5 mm stack height for 4-hole mounting
- UNBEATABLE CORNERING CLEARANCE: The thin pedal profile of the Zero pedal lets you power through corners where your rivals coast.
- Stainless - 37 degrees
- Titanium - 39 degrees
- PHENOMENAL LIGHT WEIGHT
- Chrome-Moly pedal each - 108g
- Stainless pedal each - 103g
- Titanium pedal each - 82g
- Zero Aero Walkable™ Cleats per pair - 84g/130g*
- LARGE, STABLE PEDALING PLATFORM: The Zero Pedal System provides the same solid connection as conventional single-sided pedals, but with Speedplay's unique, inverted design the cleat provides the platform once the cleat is engaged.
- QUALITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE: Zero pedals use precision cartridge and needle bearings - three of them instead of two found in most other pedals - which allows the Zero to be thinner for a lower stack height, better cornering clearance, and reduced aerodynamic drag. Like all Speedplay Pedal Systems, the locking edges of Zero pedals and cleats are metal-on-metal for durability and safety, unlike our competitors who use engagement edges made of plastic.
- FITS MORE SHOES: The Zero cleat fits any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: A built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
- TRUE LOCKING MECHANISM: The Zero's locking mechanism does not rely on spring tension for security, so entering and exiting Zero pedals is easy, but unintended release is virtually impossible.
*Weights for 4-hole/3-hole mounting.
Note: Zero pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Light Action and X-Series cleats.
Zero cleats are not compatible with Light Action and X-Series pedals.