The S5 has always been at the top of our aero road series, and demonstrated the best of our aero engineering. The new S5 combines many small improvements throughout to deliver one huge improvement to you: more speed. Increased stiffness, race-ready geometry and improved ride quality combine to make our fastest road bike ever.
Over 100 unique frame iterations were built in layup development alone to perfect the new S5 frame. Our emphasis on systems engineering and structural efficiency maximizes stiffness while minimizing weight—we’ve used new manufacturing techniques to achieve tighter tolerances and improved compaction. Our new layup also balanced the overall increases in head tube and BB stiffness, resulting in improved ride quality so you’ll be ready to spend hours on the road experiencing the instant response and razor-sharp reflexes of the frame. The S5 offers out-of-the-box speed ready to tackle the toughest competition—slicing through the wind, climbing, cornering, and sprinting—from your local circuit to the World Tour.Out of the box, the new S5 saves 21.3 Watts compared to the previous S5
- Out of the box, the new S5 saves 21.3 Watts compared to the previous S5
- 35% increase in head tube torsional stiffness and 17% increase in lateral fork stiffness for increased confidence in cornering and overall handling
- 6% increase in bottom bracket stiffness, giving you a high degree of connection to the road and a feel of efficiency in each pedal stroke
- The new S5 fits up to 25c tires, offering a sure-footed improvement in overall ride quality
- Cervélo’s new All-Carbon Aero Handlebar saves 4.4 Watts over a standard round bar, and is compatible with standard 31.8mm stems.
Specs: Fork Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered S5 Fork Headset FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-3/8” Seatpost Cervélo Carbon, Aero SP17 Shifters SRAM RED eTAP and eTAP Blips, 11 spd Rear Derailleur ShiSRAM RED eTAP, 11 spd Front Derailleur SRAM RED eTAP, 11 spd Brake Calipers SRAM RED Crankset SRAM RED, 52/36 Bottom Bracket SRAM PF-30 Handlebar Cervelo, All-Carbon, Aero AB04 Stem FSA OS-99 CSI Saddle fi’zi:k Antares Cassette SRAM XG 1190, 11 spd, 11-28 Chain SRAM RED 22 Wheels ENVE SES 3.4 for Cervelo Tires Continental Grand Prix 180 tpi, 700x23c sizechart: