The PZ4TX+ furthers BlueSeventy's drive to maximize performance in non-wetsuit swims. Over a year of extensive testing with professional and amateur athletes has produced a short sleeve version of their industry-leading PZ4 that meets the demands of the sport's elite. They hand-selected the Italian fabrics featured in this suit from renowned textile manufacturer Taiana. Developed for BlueSeventy's competition pool suits, with hydrophobic qualities built into the yarns. These fabrics are infused to repel water instead of after-market coatings that can lose their water repellency over time. The development of the short sleeves was conducted over countless hours of testing with and without a tri suit underneath to ensure an excellent fit, flexibility and improved hydrodynamics in the water.
- Long cut short sleeves provide additional skin and compression coverage for faster swims.
- Provides extraordinary elasticity, optimal muscular compression and exceptional breathability.
- Folded & bonded sealed edges reduces chafing and pressure points.
- Ultra sonic bonded seams for seamless surface flow.
- Low drag coefficient.
- IRONMAN (WTC) specifies a water temperature of 24.5°C/76.1°F as the cutoff for wearing a wetsuit.
- International Triathlon Union (ITU) specifies a water temperature of 22°C/71.6°F (<1500m) or 24.6°C/78°F (>1500m) as the cutoff for wearing a wetsuit in Age Group competition.
- USA Triathlon (USAT) specifies a water temperature of 25.5°C/78°F as the cutoff for wearing a wetsuit.